Special thanks to Cindy for volunteering to cover roundtable. Sandy went with her, this month. Roundtable is an excellent place to learn more about what’s going on in scouts in our area. Here is a synopsis of what she learned for us, this month:
- Nov 14th is the popcorn pick-up at West Penn Power from 10 – 4pm. The Troop will arrange to pick it up and sort it. Stay tuned to e-mail for where you will need to pick up your popcorn in our area. The Troop must make sure that the popcorn orders are fully paid by 12/6 to the council office.
- Toys for Tots – For individuals, you are welcome to attend wrapping schedules starting on Sat. Dec 14th @ 10am at the Penn State Conference Center. They are also looking for help on Friday, Dec. 19th @ 6pm to move the 4000 – 6000 wrapped items from conference center to trucks (bucket brigade line). Due to their schedule changes this year, the troop will likely change it’s December schedule so the boys can attend a wrapping session. Keep an eye out for further communications after next week’s PLC.
- 12/7-8 OWL training @ 7 Mts – This is only for Webelos leaders and doesn’t apply to Boy Scouts.
- Val Updegrove is unable to attend the wingoff to present the FOS. Cindy volunteered to give the 5 min. presentation. This will help the Juniata Valley Council, directly, as they are down about $10K this year.
- Salvation Army Red Kettle is looking for bell ringers in December. Boys needing service hours and other interested parties can check with Cindy, if interested.
- There was a lot of discussion and questions about the “Journey to Excellence”. If any questions, contact the council office. The Committee must make sure they are turned in to the office by Dec. 14th. It can be turned in at the Dec. roundtable.
- 2013 is the first year in a long time that the Nittany District has shown growth in membership.
- Troop 45 was one of 7 troops in our district (out of 45 troops) that had completed any community service hours. We were thanked for our service.
- Sandy was allowed to show a short video of Bryce’s project. I think a lot of people were very impressed.
- Next roundtable is Dec. 5th and we will be talking about the Klondike Derby.